We only have three more weeks of summer and each weekend is half booked. Crazy. I can’t believe how quickly it’s gone and that my babies will soon be second graders. But summer is not over and the girls still have some big plans in mind. The other day, Meg said, “We need a Summer Fun Jar like our Christmas Fun Jar.” I swear, these two are like living with a walking, talking Pinterest board.
I was trying to make dinner when this brainstorm hit Meg, so I said, “Great idea! Why don’t you two write down everything you want to do?” I’m going to surprise them with this Summer Fun Jar.
Here are their lists, complete with seven-year-old spelling.
- Make edibol playdo
- Play dress up and have a fashon show
- Watch movies
- Play outside
- Cook spittle [special] treats
- Make snow cones
- Draw all day
- Opsitday [Grace means "Opposite Day." The day begins with dessert and ends with breakfast for dinner and going to bed in their clothes. This started as a way to get them to pick up their mess first thing on a weekend morning. It works great!]
- Ice cream Sunday
- Go to the pool
- Go to the park
- Have a sleepover
- Whare mommys clooes [clothes] day
- Harie day [hair-do day]
- Pant nails, me panit my nails, Meg paint her nails, you paint yoar nails [Notice three different spellings of "paint"?]
- Stay in are jamesys [jammies] all day
- Make cake pops
- Make cake
- Make cupcakes
- Make cookies
- Make ice cream [Anyone noticing a theme in 18 - 22?]
- Go to disney world. [Yikes. Anyone have an extra $5,000 laying around?]
- Catch fireflies
- Make chalk paint
- Shop for school stuff
Here are a few more ideas for you.
Summer bucket list from The Home Teacher.
100 screen-free ideas for kids from The Nurture Store.
101 summer ideas poster from Laura Winslow Photography.
100 things to do this summer from The Land of Nod blog.
Leave it to Somewhat Simple to come up with this simple and flexible take on a “what to do” list.
And last but not least, Digital Reflection’s 100 FREE things-to-do ideas. (Maybe focusing on free ideas will get us to Disney!)