This past Friday, I put out an invitation on Facebook for you to ask me any party questions. Want to know how to recreate something you’ve seen on Pinterest? Stumped for a party idea? Ask me! I’ve gotten some great questions, so as long you all keep them coming, I’ll answer your questions each Monday.
I’m thinking about doing a jellyfish party for my lil man’s first birthday. Silly story: when he was born he had/still has squishy checks. In Finding Nemo, Dori says to the jellyfish, “I shall call you squishy, and you shall be mine, and you shall be my squishy.” This I how/why we refer to him this way, his squishy cheeks. So I’d like to do a ocean themed party with an emphasis on jellyfish and incorporate that phrase. Any suggestions?
- Felt party hat for the birthday boy (felt means this can be a keepsake)
- High chair bunting
- Decorated cookies as favors or for your dessert table
- Balloons in blue, green and white
- Fisherman’s netting for your dessert table backdrop
- Or, cut out your “squishy” quote using a Silhouette machine and adhere them to a backdrop board
- Add your party invitation in a picture frame to your dessert or welcome table
- Goldfish crackers
- If you’re serving lunch, Goldfish shaped bread by Pepperidge Farm for PBJ sandwiches
- Swedish fish in a goldfish bowl
- Blue jello with mini spoons
Ashley, I hope that kick-starts your planning! I had fun coming up with ideas for you — thanks for Asking Jennifer!
I also offer Custom Party Plans with LOADS more detail. I work with you to pick out every place setting, every dessert table item, and more!
Like what you see?
Subscribe to get new blog posts and newsletters by email. I'll send you my FREE eBook: Party Planning Cheat Sheets as a thank you!